Florida is a state that’s famous for its beautiful beaches, warm climate, and diverse culture. It’s also known for its unique hairstyle trends that reflect the laid-back and carefree lifestyle of its residents. From long beachy waves to short and chic pixie cuts, Florida hairstyles come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. In this article, we will explore some of the best Florida hairstyles and the best products to use in Florida’s heat and humidity.
Hair Color Trends in Florida
Hair color trends vary from fashion of the season, but there are a few staple colors that never go out of style. From beachy blondes to bold brunettes, Floridians are always looking for a way to stand out.
No matter what hair color trend you choose, remember that the most important thing is to choose a color that makes you feel confident and beautiful. So, whether you opt for a bold blonde or a subtle bronde, have fun experimenting with different hair color trends and finding the perfect look to express you!
One of the most popular hair color trends in Florida is the “bronde” look, which combines brown and blonde tones to create a warm, sun-kissed effect. This color is perfect for those who want a natural, low-maintenance look that still makes a statement. It’s also a great option for those who want to add dimension to their hair without committing to a full head of highlights.
The classic blonde bombshell look is all about bright, platinum blonde hair that shines in the sun. While this color requires more maintenance than some other options, it’s perfect for those who want to make a bold statement and turn heads wherever they go.
For those who prefer a darker look, the rich, chocolate brown hair color is a timeless option. This color is versatile and can be customized to suit any skin tone or hair texture. It’s also a low-maintenance option that looks great year-round.
Balayage is a popular hair color technique in Florida that involves painting color onto the hair in a freehand manner to create a natural, sun-kissed effect. This technique is great for those who want to add some subtle highlights to their hair without the harshness of traditional foils.
Florida Hairstyle Lengths
When it comes to hairstyle lengths, Floridians in general tend to prefer long and flowy hair. Beachy waves are a staple hairstyle in Florida, as they perfectly capture the relaxed and breezy vibe of the state. However, short hairstyles are also becoming more popular, especially during the hot and humid summer months. Pixie cuts, bobs, layered styles and buzz cuts are great options for those who want to keep their hair short and easy to manage.
Now let’s move on to some of the best Florida hairstyles based on length and style.
Best Long Hairstyles in Florida
- Beachy Waves – As mentioned earlier, beachy waves are a classic Florida hairstyle. To achieve this look, use a salt spray or a texturizing spray to add volume and texture to your hair. Scrunch your hair with your hands and let it air dry or use a diffuser on low heat. Finish with a light hairspray to hold the style in place.
- Long Layers – Long layers are perfect for those who want to add volume and movement to their hair without sacrificing length. This style works well with any hair type and face shape. To maintain the health of your long hair, use a deep conditioning treatment once a week and avoid heat styling as much as possible.
- Braids – Braids are a great way to keep your long hair out of your face while still looking stylish. There are many different braid styles to choose from, including fishtail, Dutch, and French braids. To prevent frizz and flyaways, use a lightweight serum or oil on your hair before braiding.
- Ponytail – A ponytail is a classic hairstyle that never goes out of style. It’s perfect for keeping your hair out of your face and off your neck, making it ideal for hot and humid weather. To add some extra flair to your ponytail, try wrapping a small section of hair around the hair tie to hide it. You can also pull a few strands of hair out around your face for a more relaxed look.
- Updo – An updo is a great way to keep your hair off your neck and out of your face while still looking chic and stylish. There are so many different types of updos to choose from, such as a messy bun, a chignon, or a sleek and sophisticated bun. Whichever type of updo you choose, make sure to use plenty of hairspray to keep it in place.
- Top Knot – The top knot is another great hairstyle for the Florida heat. It’s easy to do and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Start by pulling your hair up into a high ponytail, then twist your hair into a bun and secure it with bobby pins. If you want a more relaxed look, leave a few strands of hair out around your face.
Best Short Hairstyles in Florida
- Pixie Cut – A pixie cut is a short and chic hairstyle that’s perfect for Florida’s hot and humid climate. This style requires minimal maintenance and can be styled in many different ways, from sleek and polished to messy and textured. To add volume and texture to your pixie cut, use a volumizing mousse or a dry texture spray.
- Bob – A bob is another classic short hairstyle that works well in Florida. This style is versatile and can be customized to suit your face shape and hair type. For a sleek and polished look, use a flat iron to straighten your hair. For a more casual and relaxed look, use a texturizing spray to create soft waves.
- Layered Lob – A layered lob is a longer version of a bob that’s perfect for those who want to keep some length in their hair. This style features layers that add movement and texture to the hair. To style a layered lob, use a curling iron to create loose waves or use a straightener to create a sleek and polished look.
- The Shag – The shag is a trendy hairstyle that’s been making a comeback in recent years. It’s a layered, choppy hairstyle that’s perfect for adding volume and texture to fine hair. The shag can be worn short or long, and it’s a great option for those who want a low-maintenance hairstyle with a bit of edge.
- The Fade or Buzz Cut – Both the fade and buzz cut are super short hairstyles that are becoming increasingly popular for all genders and ages. It’s a bold and daring look that’s perfect for hot Florida summers. The buzz cut is usually one length all over while the fade can be worn with added length on top or none at all. Both are a quick and easy way to make a statement with a hairstyle.
Gender-neutral hairstyles are becoming increasingly popular in Florida, as more and more people are looking for hairstyles that are not defined by gender norms. These hairstyles can be short or long, and can be styled in a variety of ways to suit any personal style.
Best Products for Heat and Humidity
Living in Florida means dealing with high heat and humidity levels, which can wreak havoc on your hair. To keep your hair looking its best, it’s important to use products that are specifically designed for this climate. Here are some of the best products to use in Florida’s heat and humidity:
- Anti-Frizz Serum – Humidity can cause frizz and flyaways, which can be difficult to manage. To combat this, use an anti-frizz serum or oil that helps to smooth and tame your hair. Apply a small amount to your hair before styling to keep it sleek and smooth. Please keep in mind that extended use of serums containing chemicals can damage your hair.
- Hairspray – Hairspray is a must-have product in Florida’s climate, as it helps to hold your style in place despite the humidity. Look for a lightweight formula that won’t weigh your hair down or make it feel crunchy.
- Texturizing Spray – Texturizing spray is perfect for adding volume and texture to your hair, especially if you have fine or limp hair. It’s also great for creating beachy waves or messy, tousled styles that are perfect for Florida’s laid-back lifestyle.
- Dry Shampoo – In Florida’s heat and humidity, your hair can quickly become oily and greasy. Dry shampoo is a great way to refresh your hair between washes, absorb excess oil, and add volume to your roots. Pro tip: put your dry shampoo in the first day after washing to extend its effectiveness.
- Heat Protectant – Heat styling can cause damage to your hair, especially in Florida’s high heat and humidity. To protect your hair from heat damage, use a heat protectant spray or serum before using any heat styling tools.
Pick the Florida Hairstyle That Suits You
Florida is a state with a unique and diverse hairstyle culture. From long beachy waves to short and chic pixie cuts, there’s a hairstyle for everyone in Florida. When it comes to maintaining your hair in Florida’s heat and humidity, it’s important to use products that are specifically designed for this climate. With the right products and styling techniques, you can keep your hair looking its best, no matter what the weather brings.
Why not add a new fashion style to go with your new hairstyle.
**Disclaimer: There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate or sponsor links. If you make a purchase through them, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you (for which we are extremely grateful).
Also, while we do our best to highlight LGBTQ-friendly destinations and businesses, info provided is based solely on personal experience and recommendations by community partners. We hope that nobody experiences discrimination or homophobia while visiting Florida, but we make no guarantees. Please inform us if you experience discrimination or homophobia while visiting any destination so we can make updates to our recommendations.