The Old Spanish Sugar Mill is a unique restaurant located inside De Leon Springs State Park. Opened in 1961 by Peter and Marjorie Schwarze, we have been serving in the same unusual style ever since. Each of our tables are equipped with a griddle and we bring you pitchers of homemade pancake batters (both a stone-ground mixture of five different flours and an unbleached white flour) you pour them on and flip them over right at your table. You may order blueberries, bananas, peanut butter, pecans, chocolate chips, apples or apple sauce to create whatever sort of pancakes you choose. We have sausage, bacon, ham, eggs, your choice of bread and an assortment of other treats to accompany your pancakes.
The popular Sugar Mill Restaurant, located in a 100-year-old replica of the 1830s sugar mill, features cook-your-own pancakes at the table and freshly made bread and cookies. Join us for breakfast or lunch at the Sugar Mill Restaurant, open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
- Park admission is required to visit and dine at the Sugar Mill Restaurant.
- An 18% gratuity is added to all checks, regardless of the party’s size.
- For lighter fare, sandwiches and snacks can be purchased at the take-out window.
- Books and a variety of gift items are available.
- The restaurant is wheelchair accessible.